A jaded horror fan buys a unique VHS tape from a back-alley dealer, in a quest to find the darkest most depraved viewing experience, unaware that the real price of viewing is trading in what little of his soul is left; to be imprinted on the tape for the next viewer.
Gary, a jaded horror fan, buys a unique VHS tape from a back-alley dealer in a quest to find the darkest and most extreme viewing experience. He soon descends into depravity, and his life unravels around him as he allows its horrors to be imprinted on his brain, when he figures out the key to seeing through the static is through pain and rage. Pain will fuel it. But his rage will claim what he loves the most. Sadly he is unaware that the real price of viewing, is trading in what little of his soul is left, only for it to be imprinted on the tape to haunt the next viewer once it bleeds him dry. This time, it will haunt the very person investigating what caused Gary to take his own life.
It’s a twisted homage to the days of chasing the most extreme and most uncut video nasties, with a viral twist.
UNPRODUCED. Currently looking for interested partners / financing to bring this short script to life and help do it the justice the idea deserves.
Imprint is an old script, originally written over a decade ago, and completely reworked since then. It almost went into production twice. Once when we tried to produce it alone. A second time with another production company optioning it. But ultimately it has as yet remained unproduced. Will it find a loving home with a new production company???
Short film / proof-of-concept. Est. duration 15 minutes
Currently it only exists as a short script for now. But there’s a feature film version in the works. And after recent feedback from a top-flight festival, it seems that readers believe that it has more potential as a TV-series concept too – that it has ‘legs’.
Hashtags: #Imprint #horror #VHS #viral #screenplay #short #shortscript #screenwriting
Festival selections and awards:
- Official selection – Kosice International Monthly Film Festival
- Official selection – Berlin Movie Awards
- Official selection – Vancouver Independent Film Festival
- Official selection – Hollywood Blood Horror Festival
- Official selection – Pure Magic International Film Festival
- Official selection – Fantastic Indie Festival of Los Angeles
- Official selection – LA Sun Fest
- Official selection – Fantastic Festival of Los Angeles
- Finalist – Best Unproduced Script (Short Feature) – Vancouver Independent Film Festival
- (A) Winner – Short Script – Kosice International Monthly Film Festival
- (A) Winner – Best Story / Script – Pure Magic International Film Festival
- (A) Winner – Best Original Screenplay – Hollywood Blood Horror Festival
- (A) Winner – Best Script – LA Sun Fest
- (A) Winner – Best Unproduced Short Script – Fantastic Festival of Los Angeles
#short #script #shortscript #horrormovies #imprint #imprintmovie