We’re very pleased to share that COMFORT HIM had its first official selection – at the Venice Awards. Nice. 🙏 – well done team! Thanks to Karen for updating the posters. And already, as a result a few more film festivals have generously reached out and offered discount codes to submit the film to their festivals, so such results do pay dividends.
We will be releasing some behind the scenes (BTS) materials soon, about the making of the film. So stay tuned for that.
This happened just before we hit 7K views. Nice. So our micro short has begun its film festival journey and people are also enjoying it – well apart from 1 dislike on YouTube and 1 dumb comment on Twitter, but that’s still not a bad success rate if you think about it 😉 .
Breakdown of views across different platforms – 1 month after release:
- 383 Facebook
- 635 YouTube
- 5849 Twitter
- 86 Vimeo
- 63 Instagram
- = 7016 views
We are very satisfied with the results. It’s a great start. Let’s hope people can continue to like and share it! Because remember:
- Liking helps these films get picked up in algorithms, for more people to see them and help us attract more views.
- And more importantly, sharing is caring! If you share the film, more people will see it and this will inspire us to make more films. 😉 – thanks to everyone that has already done so!
FILM INFO / Links:
- Visit the official page to find out more: https://eibonfilms.co.uk/comfort-him/
- View on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/433611575
#comforthimmovie #shortfilm #horrormovie #comedy
- NEW MICRO SHORT FILM: Hasse and I have officially begun pre-production on our next comedy horror short, called TUMBLE DYING. We’ve started asking people to donate socks, we’ve been gathering props and finalising the shooting schedule, with a date earmarked for the end of August.
- THREE PROJECTS IN DEVELOPMENT: We have some exciting potential projects in the works. But we can’t really tell you much about them. Sorry – but soon as I can, I will! Two of them are feature projects earmarked for possible development in 2021, and one of them I am working on at the moment. But there’s also a new short, tentatively titled called HEAR SOME EVIL, that I can’t wait to tell you more about, when it is ready. It’s a return to form of more in-depth and ambitious short films. The reason I am so excited about the latter, is that it’s the second script that is being written after all of the work I’ve done forcing myself to plan scripts and to become a plotter, instead of a pantser. However, all three projects are collaborations and so in time, I’m hoping my improved approach to plotting helps bear some impressive fruit and be able to firmly embed this new approach in my ways of working.
- DESEO EQUIVOCADO: Darwin is off in Barcelona, shooting this latest short film without me sadly, although my gear is there and helping him get it in the can. But good luck to him and the team. The film was originally going to be done earlier in the year, but with it being shot while I’m back at work, and while I’m sick, and have no money for the trip, it’s not really an option for me at the moment. And with things being the way they are with the virus in Barcelona, it was a bit too risky overall. But I can’t wait to see it when it’s edited.
- MR CLEAN:
- MR CLEAN – the short – has had a few rejections recently, sadly. It’s bound to happen, especially with the increased number of film festivals that are cancelling, or having to cut down what they can show during virtual / online events. But there are many more festivals that have delayed and still yet to decide its fate. We’re still very positive about its chances after such a positive start to its festival journey. But it’s always dispiriting when one of the choices was quite a key one to wish for.
- MR CLEAN – the feature – is still sort of on hold. I failed in my task to get it done during the summer. I ended up writing two shorts, planning another two shorts, shooting NO TELL, and working on another feature project, and allowed all of those things to get in the way. Work is ongoing, albeit at a slower rate. I am very conscious that I am at a crossroads, re which direction I choose to take with it. As soon as I wrestle it into place in my mind, I will be much happier to proceed at pace. I just have to fill in an important blank for the middle of the plot. But when i do it, I will let you know about how I’m going about it, as I’m using some interesting tools to help me get there.
And the only other news of note is that I am sick right now. I got sick two days into being back at work weirdly. I hope its not Covid, but I’m not sure what it is…. But I feel pretty rotten at the moment. And as usual work deadlines will and are already having an impact on projects. I do miss being on Furlough, although the reduction in pay was significant. But productivity has been high elsewhere.