Yes! We took DON’T FORGET TO BREATHE on the road and finally had our film premiere – for this short domestic abuse film. And surprisingly, although the trip did not entirely deliver on everything that we had planned to achieve, it more than delivered for the premiere and promotion of the film. And we had some truly surreal memories of the trip.(more…)
Hello folks! Hope you’re all doing well. Just thought I’d guiltily stop by and share what’s going on – to reassure you that things are indeed going on, albeit slowly.
If you care for excuses, I have a pretty good one for being fairly quiet – with having the builders in for a week, working on my house and then my 20 year old, senile cat, deciding to go missing for 5 days until we tracked him down 2.5km away from home. All that running around, flyering and searching for him etc was pretty exhausting. He’s back now, safe and I think that I’ve almost recovered. Almost.
DON’T FORGET TO BREATHE news:
- DON’T FORGET TO BREATHE has made it into three film festivals – nice. That in itself is great. It would be nice to win, but even being selected is a great honour.
- We’re having the premiere this month in Barcelona and Darwin and I will be in attendance. 🙂 The film will be shown on the 15th May.
- We’ll also be doing a recce for a future untitled film, to be shot in Barcelona.
- And here’s the invitation:
MR CLEAN news:
- The edit is still under way. it’s been hard to find time, but I’ve averaged about 30-60 mins a day of editing for the last month, despite my busy workload.
- I’ve made it to day 4 of the 4-day shoot footage. So I am nearling the end of the rough assembly stage. So there is light at the end of the tunnel. And I have two more scenes to do a rough assembly on.
- Next I have to do a complete rough assembly of the complete short film. And try and play around with it. That will be another whole journey in itself.
- I already know a couple of shots I’d love to get if a reshoot was called for. But so far I think I can work with what I have, even if it doesn’t match up to what I wanted.
But perhaps I should get on with a trailer for the film, so you can begin to discover what the fuss is about?
But that’s enough from me. I need to crack on. I can hear MR CLEAN getting impatient for his next victim…