Apologies people, I know I’ve been bad and not posting of late. Hit by the bleak and distracted by life. But I’m back now.
Recently I treated myself to an iPhone 4 – after my old work took back the old iPhone 3 and it’s a whole new world of apps! Finally the iPhone, despite its flaws, has matured into something low budget filmmakers can make use of. Not only does it now enable you to shoot and edit video – more on that in another post – but App makers have taken advantage of the multi tasking capabilities of the new OS and developed some cool apps.
Ironically a week after I purchased the Scripts Pro app – the developers of CELTX get in on the act with their own Scriptwriting app! if I didn’t already have Scripts Pro, I’d definitely have purchased this; although Scripts pro is not just tied to CELTX and enables you to use Final Draft files too. I’m not sure how much screenwriting I will be doing on an iPhone, but the ability to work on my Macbook, then on my Hacbook and now on my iPhone means that I have no excuse not to write! I could write on the train, on the couch or in bed, and even in meetings, if I don’t need to pay attention – or in the pub or train when waiting around and killing time. It opens a whole new world of possibilities for the creative. Now if Scrivener comes out for the iPhone I’ll be in heaven!
- Check out the list of features and screenshots – http://www.celtx.com/celtxscript.html
- To find out more about Celtx Script – Check out the owners guide for the iPhone/iPad app here – http://bit.ly/blKE5l
- Sync with the desktop requires installation of the Sync tool/plugin – http://bit.ly/cpPC71
- Get Celtx Script now at the App Store – http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/celtx-script/id381536091?mt=8#
– if you’re using it, please stop by to let me know how it’s going!